Intermediate/Advanced Photography Workshops
Fine art digital photography workshops are focused on small group education, in-studio and on-location practice, with a maximum group size of eight people. Intermediate/advanced workshops are $200 for one day. Specializing in Nikon camera systems, but very knowledgeable of Canon and Sony cameras, Neil will guide you with his technical knowledge as well as imparting valuable lessons learned from his extensive time spent in Mother Nature. Available 2017 Workshops below:
Learn more about the instructors, Workshop FAQ's, Rainy Day and Cancellation Policies
THE MILKY WAY WORKSHOP
June 25, 2017
Intermediate/Advanced Workshop Summary Points:
- Revisiting aperture, shutter speed and ISO settings. To manipulate them for exposure control.
- Revisiting light metering and exposure control.
- Capturing motion using various shutter speeds.
- Taking Lightroom and Photoshop past the basics. Layer masks, panoramic stitching, luminosity masks, and digital work flow.
- How to use filters to capture light and create long exposure affects.
- Revisiting composition. To draw your viewers attention to your photos.
- Familiar with your camera, at least starting to learn manual settings
- Basic understanding of editing with Photoshop/Lightroom
Required Camera Gear:
- Digital SLR camera & manual
- Wide angle lens (35mm or wider)
- Sturdy tripod with mounting plate
- Computer & editing software at home (Photoshop/Lightroom)
Highly Recommended Gear:
- Camera bag or backpack
- Cable shutter release [name-brand or generic] ($7- $80)
- Neutral-Density filter [4-stop filter, aka 1.2ND filter] ($40+)
- Circular polarizer filter ($40+)
Additional Items To Bring:
- Food & snacks
- Wide-brim hat & sunglasses
- Warm, weather-proof layers
- Sturdy footwear & warm socks
- Rain jacket
- Sunblock & insect repellant
- Small towel